We did this hike on August 14, 2011. It turned out to be a bigger hike than I planned. I usually plan a hike from looking at maps and reading trip reports from wta.org, nwhikers.net, and summitpost.org. Sometimes my plan is accurate. Other times I am off. This hike, I was off by 2 miles and whopping 2000 ft. We went over 4 passes, 16 miles, and 5600 feet in 10 hours.
I-90 East to Cle Elum, off exit 85. Cross over the freeway overpass and turn north on 970. Cross the Teanaway River bridge. In about a mile, turn left (North) onto Teanaway Road. It becomes North Fork Teanaway Road. Pass the campground on the left and continue on the unpaved Forest Road 9737. Continue another 4 miles, then turn right (East) onto 9737-112 Beverly Creek. The road ends in about 1.4 miles which is the Beverly Creek trail head. 2 hour drive from Issaquah. There was a warning sign at the trail head about ornery goats blocking the trail. I have only seen them from a distance and hope to meet them close by.
Blue on his way to Bean Peak
Elcee helped us find the trail going up the ridge.
Elcee found snow
Blue and Elcee on a patch on snow
We had to go down the slippery sandy down hill.
Without the cairns, it is hard to find a boot path. It was a pleasant walk in the meadows until another slippery steep hike up to the second pass.
Sly and Blue at the second pass. We went down the hill on the right to go through the Navaho Pass.
Navaho Pass and County Line Trail
Elcee went home the next day on Sunday. She now lives in Spokane with her new humans. She has a very good life there. We miss her a lot.
At the Bean Pass. Elcee too is tired.
This Elcee's last hike with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment