Monday, February 8, 2016

Kent's Court 2016-02-08

8.31 miles and 1,931 feet of elevation gain.

There were several inches of snow at the McClellan Butte trailhead but the trail was mostly snow free until we were almost to the upper road (Nf-9020).  Shortly after crossing Alice Creek, the trail became less traveled and my snowshoes starting sinking 4-6 inches with every step.  It was a good workout, used muscles I had forgotten about.  Even the boys were a little stiff the next morning.  Gorgeous sunny day.

Google Maps link


A couple of pictures on the way up. 
McClellan Butte

Mount Kent


I believe this is Kent's Court.  It is a flat spot below the east ridge of Mt Kent.  You get a little bit of a "surrounded" feeling from the ridge above you.  On the lower portion of the map above, you can see how the ridge curves.  Another flat spot a little farther up the trail also has nice views but is closer to the end of the ridge but doesn't have that surrounded feeling.  Maybe it is Kent's Court.

Looking at McClellan Butte from Kent's Court.  When I took this picture I thought is was just of Blue, later I noticed the two shadows, Sly is directly in back of Blue.

Looking towards the ridge.  The Sun was just above the ridge so I couldn't take any pictures of Mt Kent or the ridge.


pub 3/31/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment