Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dirty Harry's Connector 2014-06-11

5.35 miles and 1,557 feet of elevation gain.

On the way to Putrid Pete's Peak (P3) you pass by two unmarked trails and I have always wondered were they went.  When I saw a trip report showing these trails I decided it would make nice afternoon hike.  I'm calling this Dirty Harry's Connector because I believe the upper most trail will take you to Dirty Harry's Balcony.  I turned around too early, I think I was only about a quarter of mile from the balcony.  

We started at Exit 42 on I-90 and headed up the boot path next to Mason Creek.  When we hit the road and walked to the Ira Springs parking area, I was surprised at the number of cars for a weekday. 


Google Maps link  Click Terrain for a better view.

The root covered old log across the main portion of the creek.

Fun with sticks


The first Y in the trail, we took a right and continued up hill.  On our return we'll take the left trail back to the car.

The second Y is the start of the connector trail from the P3 trail which continues up the hill on the right.   

Pictures from a rock outcropping along the trail.  McClellan Butte in the background.  This spot and a small talus field, a little farther down the trail, are the only points with any view.  


Need someplace to store your fireworks?

 Blue thinks he looks and smells so good.  A quick trip back to the creek got most of it out.

 A towel around his neck until we can soap up back at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment